Stream Forest Swords' 'Engravings' LP for Tri Angle Now
- Words: Tim Gentles
Last month, idiosyncratic UK producer/musician Forest Swords (a.k.a. Matthew Barnes) shared details of his long-awaited follow-up to 2010's outstanding Dagger Swords EP. Called Engravings, Barnes debut LP is now available to stream in full before it drops via Tri Angle next week. Recorded in his home area of the Wiral in Northwest England, the new record reprises Dagger Swords' intoxicating amalgam of desolate dub textures, R&B-influenced rhythms, grainy production, and Ennio Morricone-esque guitar work, but perhaps with the heightened sense of focus gained by time and experience. Engravings will see release on August 26, but can be listened to in its entirety here, courtesy of Pitchfork Advance.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player