Video: Fhloston Paradigm "Chasing Rainbows"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Philadelphia DJ/producer King Britt has had a long and varied career over the years, but his most recent production alias, the curiously named Fhloston Paradigm, sees Britt returning to an analog-centric approach and indulging in his love of science-fiction movies and afro-futurism. Back in 2012, a few Fhloston Paradigm tracks caught the ear of ever-present Hyperdub label head Kode9, which resulted in the King Britt Presents Fhloston Paradigm EP. Now, Britt has shared an earthy, saturated video for that record's bass-heavy, minimal "Chasing Rainbows" tune, a piece which heightens the production's gloomy tension and adds depth to its dark atmosphere. Flipping between scenes of a dancing nomad, a gas mask-wearing woman collecting sticks in the forest, and flashes of urban imagery, the video's subtle commentary on the potential dangers of modern life are bolstered by Britt's ominous, slow-moving bassline and the hyperactive drums echoing into the darkness. Paired together, the visuals and music coalesce into an experience that removes the certainty of the concrete below us, reminding viewers of the primal within.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player