Video: Soft Metals "Lenses"
- Words: James Eaton
SoCal synth-pop duo Soft Metals released its second album for Captured Tracks, Lenses, well over a month ago, but we're just now getting this psychedelic music video for its dissonant title track. The piece is essentially a tailor-made live performance from Ian Hicks and Patricia Hall, as the footage is largely of Hicks going to work on his synth collection as Hall struts, swings, and coos along with her band's track. Occasionally, shots of Soft Metals exploring its kaleidoscopic environs are spliced into the clip, but it otherwise makes for a perfect way to prepare fans to see the pair on its current North American tour, the dates of which can be found below.
8/15 - Detroit, MI - Garden Bowl
8/16 - Toronto, ON - The Drake Hotel
8/17 - Montreal, QC - Divan Orange
8/21 - New Haven, CT - BAR
8/22 - Cambridge, MA - TT the Bear’s
8/23 - Providence, RI - Fete (Lounge)
8/24 - Washington, DC - Comet Ping Pong
8/29 - Baltimore, MD - Metro Gallery
8/30 - Pittsburgh, PA - The Brillobox
8/31 - Philadelphia, PA - Ortileb’s
9/01 - Brooklyn, NY - Captured Tracks Festival
9/04 - Richmond, VA - Strange Matter
9/05 - Charlotte, NC - Snug Harbor
9/06 - Atlanta, GA - Drunken Unicorn
9/07 - New Orleans, LA - LA Circle Bar
9/09 - Houston, TX - Boondocks
9/10 - Dallas, TX - Bryan Street Tavern
9/11 - Austin, TX - Red 7
9/13 - Scottsdale, AZ - Pub Rock
10/17 - Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex w/ Adult.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player