Vladislav Delay to Launch Vinyl-Only Label with New EP
Longstanding Finnish producer Vladislav Delay (real name Sasu Ripatti) has announced that he will launch a new vinyl-only label, Ripatti, with the forthcoming inaugural release set to come from the label head himself. As Resident Advisor reports, Vladislav Delay sees the label as "something like a studio diary," to which he adds, "It's a chance for me to follow [my] progression over a certain [period of] time, but also to build a coherent musical catalog." The label's first release will find the producer operating simply as Ripatti—a new handle which he tells RA will serve as his "new club music project"—to be followed by releases from Heisenberg and Ripatti as his more familiar Vladislav Delay moniker, as well as additional collaborations with Max Loderbauer and Teeth down the line. The Ripatti label's inaugural EP—conveniently entitled Ripatti and featuring just two tracks, "#39" and "#24"—will see a release on September 16.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player