Watch a New Video from Mount Kimbie
- Words: Patric Fallon
Mount Kimbie's sophomore LP for Warp, Cold Spring Fault Less Youth, has been out for nearly three months, and in that time, the pair of UK artists has announced a world tour, profiled its live setup in our first From Studio to Stage feature, and shared a bleak and austere music video for the King Krule-featuring "You Took Your Time" single. Never ones to rest, Dominic Maker and Kai Campos have opted to share another visual piece, this time for the opening track from their new album, "Home Recording." Directed by Anthony Dickenson, the music video has a decidedly slow pace, as images of the outdoors and seemingly vacant cityscapes are superimposed with footage of a variety of people pensively looking out their windows or simply sitting indoors. Mount Kimbie's latest clip might not be the most compelling thing to watch, but it's nonetheless easy to get lost in the mishmash of fluorescent lights, tree branches, and architectural shapes while focusing on the equally meditative music.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player