Watch a Two-Part Interview with Holly Herndon
- Words: James Eaton
Burgeoning video production studio Chromavision has just completed its latest piece, a two-part interview with San Francisco techno experimentalist Holly Herndon. Throughout the two impeccable-looking videos (shot while driving through the Mission District and inside Craig Baldwin's film archive at Artists' Televison Access on Valencia St.), the producer discusses topics ranging from her background with singing in church to how her relationship with car ownership has changed over the years. In addition to the interview, Aria Rostami, an SF artist who conducted the Q&A with Herndon, has shared an accompanying mix which is said to be "inspired by Holly and her work." Chromavision's mini-doc and Rostami's mix can both be found below.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player