Watch a Two-Part Interview with Holly Herndon
- Words: James Eaton
Burgeoning video production studio Chromavision has just completed its latest piece, a two-part interview with San Francisco techno experimentalist Holly Herndon. Throughout the two impeccable-looking videos (shot while driving through the Mission District and inside Craig Baldwin's film archive at Artists' Televison Access on Valencia St.), the producer discusses topics ranging from her background with singing in church to how her relationship with car ownership has changed over the years. In addition to the interview, Aria Rostami, an SF artist who conducted the Q&A with Herndon, has shared an accompanying mix which is said to be "inspired by Holly and her work." Chromavision's mini-doc and Rostami's mix can both be found below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player