Watch a Two-Part Interview with Holly Herndon
- Words: James Eaton
Burgeoning video production studio Chromavision has just completed its latest piece, a two-part interview with San Francisco techno experimentalist Holly Herndon. Throughout the two impeccable-looking videos (shot while driving through the Mission District and inside Craig Baldwin's film archive at Artists' Televison Access on Valencia St.), the producer discusses topics ranging from her background with singing in church to how her relationship with car ownership has changed over the years. In addition to the interview, Aria Rostami, an SF artist who conducted the Q&A with Herndon, has shared an accompanying mix which is said to be "inspired by Holly and her work." Chromavision's mini-doc and Rostami's mix can both be found below.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player