Benjamin Damage to Release New EP via 50Weapons
- Words: James Eaton
2013 has been good to Benjamin Damage; following the February release of his XLR8R Pick'd Heliosphere LP, the Berlin-based artist has made numerous festival appearances, issued a couple of remix 12"s, dropped an excellent XLR8R podcast, and is now set to release a brand-new EP of original material via 50Weapons. The four-track 4600 record is said to be an homage to the rare ETI 4600 synth. As Benjamin Damage puts it, "Most of the source sounds come from my recently repaired ETI 4600, a massive synth I rescued from a garage it had been sitting in for 30 years. It's a really unique machine with a reverb chamber and pin matrix. It spent 18 months with a synth-obsessive in Suffolk, who fixed the major design faults and believes it is the only existing model that has ever worked properly." The DJ/producer's next release will drop on October 25, but before then, its tracklist and a preview of EP cut "Nebula" can be found below.
01 "ETI Rework"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player