Benjamin Damage to Release New EP via 50Weapons
- Words: James Eaton
2013 has been good to Benjamin Damage; following the February release of his XLR8R Pick'd Heliosphere LP, the Berlin-based artist has made numerous festival appearances, issued a couple of remix 12"s, dropped an excellent XLR8R podcast, and is now set to release a brand-new EP of original material via 50Weapons. The four-track 4600 record is said to be an homage to the rare ETI 4600 synth. As Benjamin Damage puts it, "Most of the source sounds come from my recently repaired ETI 4600, a massive synth I rescued from a garage it had been sitting in for 30 years. It's a really unique machine with a reverb chamber and pin matrix. It spent 18 months with a synth-obsessive in Suffolk, who fixed the major design faults and believes it is the only existing model that has ever worked properly." The DJ/producer's next release will drop on October 25, but before then, its tracklist and a preview of EP cut "Nebula" can be found below.
01 "ETI Rework"
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player