Four Tet Gives Away 'Late Night Tales' Mix
- Words: Glenn Jackson
As the story goes, after learning that his 2004 Late Night Tales mix had recently been reissued as a remastered "collectors edition," a frustrated Four Tet—who claims to have had no involvement with the new release—decided to simply give away the entire mix himself. "[The] reissue of my Late Night Tales mix they are doing has nothing to do with me… they never told me about it and [I have] not heard the remaster," the London producer said on Twitter today, soon following his statements with links to download the entire 2004 mix and his cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Castles in the Sand"—which appears as part of Four Tet's Late Night Tales—for free. Who knows how long these will last, but for now, the mix album can be downloaded here and the Hendrix cover can be grabbed here. Turning an understandable frustration with a record label overstepping its bounds into an opportunity to give his fans free music—just another reason to love Four Tet.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player