Four Tet Gives Away 'Late Night Tales' Mix
- Words: Glenn Jackson
As the story goes, after learning that his 2004 Late Night Tales mix had recently been reissued as a remastered "collectors edition," a frustrated Four Tet—who claims to have had no involvement with the new release—decided to simply give away the entire mix himself. "[The] reissue of my Late Night Tales mix they are doing has nothing to do with me… they never told me about it and [I have] not heard the remaster," the London producer said on Twitter today, soon following his statements with links to download the entire 2004 mix and his cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Castles in the Sand"—which appears as part of Four Tet's Late Night Tales—for free. Who knows how long these will last, but for now, the mix album can be downloaded here and the Hendrix cover can be grabbed here. Turning an understandable frustration with a record label overstepping its bounds into an opportunity to give his fans free music—just another reason to love Four Tet.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player