Lapalux Scores Short Film with New Song; Watch It Now
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Aside from his current North American tour, Lapalux has been understandably quiet since dropping his debut full-length, Nostalchic, via Brainfeeder earlier this year. But the UK producer has clearly been keeping himself busy, and has just supplied the first clue to what he's been working on in recent months, sharing a brand-new track accompanied by a short film from Nick Rutter, the director behind Lapalux's twisted "Without You" video. Entitled Chrysalis, the piece follows a teenager as he—figuratively and quite literally—falls apart after a past love moves on. To accompany the sometimes-gory story, Lapalux crafted a dark and deep bit of beatwork called "Gold," which comes topped off by the lushly layered vocals of London singer Jassy Grez. The short film and Lapalux's new music can be experienced together below.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player