Legowelt and KWC 92 Prep New EPs for L.I.E.S.
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The seemingly insatiable L.I.E.S. label does not appear to be taking any sort of break as the year begins to wind down, with the announcment of new records from prolific analog techno auteur Legowelt and KWC 92 (a collaboration between Samo DJ and Max Stenerudh) set to drop in November. Legowelt's forthcoming Teen Romance 12" will feature three new productions described as "floor-ready cuts full of soul, deepness, wooly basslines, beating drums, and those signature Legowelt melodies," and will come in a jacket designed by Trilogy Tapes head Will Bankhead. As Resident Advisor reports, KWC 92's upcoming effort for the label is billed as a "[conceptual] soundtrack to a movie set in Kowloon's Walled City, a densely populated, ungoverned area that was demolished by authorities in 1993." Entitled Dream of The Walled City, the record is expected to explore the more abstract side of the electronic spectrum. Per usual, neither forthcoming record has an exact release date, but both are expected to hit shops sometime in November.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player