Listen to Jessy Lanza's Debut Album for Hyperdub
- Words: DeForrest Brown
After sharing the details of her upcoming album in June and premiering her stellar mix last month, Jessy Lanza has finally shared a full stream of her debut LP ahead of its release on September 17 via Hyperdub. Pull My Hair Back finds the oft-reliable UK label further expanding from its garage and dubstep beginnings, as the album is packed full of wound-up synth-pop and shimmering R&B choruses, courtesy of Lanza's soft-cooing voice and co-production from Jeremy Greenspan of Junior Boys. The nine-song Pull My Hair Back can be heard in its entirety here, courtesy of Pitchfork Advance.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player