Listen to Jessy Lanza's Debut Album for Hyperdub
- Words: DeForrest Brown
After sharing the details of her upcoming album in June and premiering her stellar mix last month, Jessy Lanza has finally shared a full stream of her debut LP ahead of its release on September 17 via Hyperdub. Pull My Hair Back finds the oft-reliable UK label further expanding from its garage and dubstep beginnings, as the album is packed full of wound-up synth-pop and shimmering R&B choruses, courtesy of Lanza's soft-cooing voice and co-production from Jeremy Greenspan of Junior Boys. The nine-song Pull My Hair Back can be heard in its entirety here, courtesy of Pitchfork Advance.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player