Listen to a New Jam City-Produced Track from Kelela
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After getting word of LA vocalist Kelela's forthcoming mixtape for Fade to Mind earlier this month, we now have one more piece of the puzzle, a brand-new song produced by Night Slugs affiliate Jam City. Considering that Kelela's 13-track Cut 4 Me mixtape is out on October 1, this new tune and the Nguzunguzu-produced contribution which popped up earlier this month may be our only previews of the fast-approaching release before it arrives next week. Thankfully, they provide just enough of Kelela's forward-thinking R&B-isms to properly whet our palette. "Keep It Cool" can be streamed in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player