The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Delroy Edwards, Delorean, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. The latest XLR8R podcast was put together by LA up-and-comer Delroy Edwards (pictured above), who put together an exclusive mix in advance of his appearance at this weekend's New Forms Festival in Vancouver.
2. A new mini-documentary surfaced this week about Four Tet. Entitled Looking Backward, Moving Forward, the piece features an in-depth look at the UK artist's career and is adorned with some lovely animation.
3. The top tune from our Downloads section this week came from rising Bristol producer Phaeleh, who offered up the 2-step-referencing "Make You Feel."
4. Before veteran producer Nightmares on Wax issues his new LP next week, he passed along a Jameszoo remix of album cut "Be, I Do" for free download.
5. SCNTST has a new EP ready to drop, and sent us the distorted, thumping "Basement Structure" to give away to our readers.
6. Luxembourg producer Sun Glitters donated "Only You," a texture-heavy cut from his forthcoming new LP, for our Downloads section.
7. The respected synth makers at Moog announced that they will soon discontinue production of the Little Phatty, one of the last units designed with the help of company founder Bob Moog.
8. Cleveland native RUMTUM offered up the psychedelic boom-bap of "Ritz Bitz" as a free download.
9. Andy Stott was recruited to remix "Valentine," a cut from Tricky's False Idols LP from earlier this year, and a stream of his rework surfaced this week.
10. We kicked off the week with a new installment of In the Studio, which took us inside the production lab of Barcelona dance-pop outfit Delorean.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player