A Made Up Sound to Release New 12"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Dutch producer Dave Huismans spreads his production work across a few monikers, not the least of which is A Made Up Sound, his leftfield techno project. And the artist has just announced that he has a new 12" from that alias on the way. The record's a-side, "After Hours" pairs tense, intricate drum patterns with dialogue clips from the titular Scorsese film in a darkly humorous style, and "What Preset" uses cannon blasts and creepy filter sweeps to achieve a foreboding mood on the flip. Before A Made Up Sound's new 12" drops via his eponymous label on October 1, clips of both tracks can be found below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player