A Made Up Sound to Release New 12"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Dutch producer Dave Huismans spreads his production work across a few monikers, not the least of which is A Made Up Sound, his leftfield techno project. And the artist has just announced that he has a new 12" from that alias on the way. The record's a-side, "After Hours" pairs tense, intricate drum patterns with dialogue clips from the titular Scorsese film in a darkly humorous style, and "What Preset" uses cannon blasts and creepy filter sweeps to achieve a foreboding mood on the flip. Before A Made Up Sound's new 12" drops via his eponymous label on October 1, clips of both tracks can be found below.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player