A Made Up Sound to Release New 12"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Dutch producer Dave Huismans spreads his production work across a few monikers, not the least of which is A Made Up Sound, his leftfield techno project. And the artist has just announced that he has a new 12" from that alias on the way. The record's a-side, "After Hours" pairs tense, intricate drum patterns with dialogue clips from the titular Scorsese film in a darkly humorous style, and "What Preset" uses cannon blasts and creepy filter sweeps to achieve a foreboding mood on the flip. Before A Made Up Sound's new 12" drops via his eponymous label on October 1, clips of both tracks can be found below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player