Stream Helm's 'Silencer' EP for PAN
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Before Luke Younger (a.k.a. Helm) drops a new 12" via the esteemed PAN imprint next week, the London-based producer has shared an exclusive stream of the four dense sonic explorations which make up his forthcoming Silencer EP. The record serves as the first follow-up to last year's Impossible Symmetry LP, with Younger's newest effort said to find the man "charting the alchemical relationships between base, stripped down rhythms, cruddy electronics and acousmatic source material manipulated on cassette tapes." Those brave enough to attempt to grasp what that all means can listen to Helm's full Silencer EP via the player below, before the record sees an official release on September 10.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player