Stream Helm's 'Silencer' EP for PAN
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Before Luke Younger (a.k.a. Helm) drops a new 12" via the esteemed PAN imprint next week, the London-based producer has shared an exclusive stream of the four dense sonic explorations which make up his forthcoming Silencer EP. The record serves as the first follow-up to last year's Impossible Symmetry LP, with Younger's newest effort said to find the man "charting the alchemical relationships between base, stripped down rhythms, cruddy electronics and acousmatic source material manipulated on cassette tapes." Those brave enough to attempt to grasp what that all means can listen to Helm's full Silencer EP via the player below, before the record sees an official release on September 10.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player