Stream GoldFFinch's 'The Light Comes' EP
- Words: Tim Gentles
The bass-inclined Brussels duo GoldFFinch is set to follow up two recent records for Dirtybird and Saigon with a new EP for Turbo's Twin Turbo imprint. Called The Light Comes, the release has just been made available to stream in full exclusively on XLR8R. The three-track EP pairs a slick, techno-derived sensibility with off-kilter beats and a very UK-influenced approach to vocal sample treatment. Opener "The Light Comes" and second track "The Beast" posses an expert sense of dynamics and peaktime flow, while "Ward Off" closes the record out with more of a slow-burning sense of space. The Light Comes is set to drop on September 16, but before then, it can be streamed in full via the player below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player