Video: Archie Pelago "Chronomancer"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
After announcing their new Hall of Human Origins EP (out on September 24 via Styles Upon Styles), the instrumental wizards of Brooklyn's Archie Pelago have released a video for their upcoming record's opening track, "Chronomancer". Pairing silky jazz instrumentation with contemporary bass music, the cut hits all the right pleasure centers while managing to avoid any sonic pretension or excessive layering. "Chronomancer"'s accompanying video is a synesthetic take on the song, with each sound broken into a waveform or kaleidoscopic pattern, images which are interspersed with live-action scenes of a mysterious, masked birdman.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player