Video: Jackson and His Computerband "Dead Living Things"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
After an eight-year hiatus, Jackson Fourgeaud's electro-touched alias, Jackson and His Computerband, is back this week with the release of its sophomore LP for Warp, Glow. To mark the occasion, the producer unveiled a video for "Dead Living Things", an album cut featuring vocals from Planningtorock. The visual piece is a morbid dinner party seen from a variety of film noir perspectives, all of which pairs well with the track's ominous synth growls and classy, daydream vocals. Director Alexandre Courtès, who has crafted videos for artists like Daft Punk and Justice, says of his latest endeavor, "This project is a direct reference to the works of Fellini and David Lynch. It is a juxtaposition of life scenes and actions that have nothing to do with each other in particular, that however create a fantastic dynamic and resolutely surreal experience."
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player