Video: Matias Aguayo "El Sucu Tucu"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Chilean-born, Berlin-based DJ/producer Matias Aguayo released The Visitor, his third full-length record, earlier this year, subsequently taking his playful, vocal-driven techno on the road, a process he detailed in full in our recent From Studio to Stage feature. Now, to celebrate a recent slew of high-profile shows—including his Japanese debut this week—Aguayo has shared a new video for "El Sucu Tucu," a particularly buoyant cut from his latest LP. The video for the track—which was also included on the Soulwax FM station in the just-released Grand Theft Auto V—finds the artist peering cautiously through an array of jungle brush as his own chanting vocals are pushed forward by a steady, driving pulse. The bright colors and sweltering cuts of the visuals echo the tropical, blood-stirring arrangement of "El Sucu Tucu," reminding us Aguayo's range and bold eclecticism.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player