Video Premiere: Kelpe "Astrolomy"
- Words: Leo Maymind
London beatmaker Kelpe has dabbled in constructing worlds built out of futuristic geometrics before with his "Single Stripe" video, and his new video for "Astrolomy" picks up right where he left off. This time working with director Liam Collinwood, Kelpe delivers a host of revolving graphics that are said to change "elements of the video (colour / shape / impression) to match modulations in the track." The final result was ran through a VHS machine for the right amount of vintage grain and texture, making the video for "Astrolomy" as carefully processed as the slippery, flowing track itself. Furthermore, Kelpe's recent LP, Fourth: The Golden Eagle, has been remixed by the likes of Mike Slott, Dam Mantle, débruit, Mr Chop, and Mieux, among others, and is set for release in November via DRUT.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player