Video Premiere: Kelpe "Astrolomy"
- Words: Leo Maymind
London beatmaker Kelpe has dabbled in constructing worlds built out of futuristic geometrics before with his "Single Stripe" video, and his new video for "Astrolomy" picks up right where he left off. This time working with director Liam Collinwood, Kelpe delivers a host of revolving graphics that are said to change "elements of the video (colour / shape / impression) to match modulations in the track." The final result was ran through a VHS machine for the right amount of vintage grain and texture, making the video for "Astrolomy" as carefully processed as the slippery, flowing track itself. Furthermore, Kelpe's recent LP, Fourth: The Golden Eagle, has been remixed by the likes of Mike Slott, Dam Mantle, débruit, Mr Chop, and Mieux, among others, and is set for release in November via DRUT.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player