Watch a New Video from Darkstar
- Words: James Eaton
As we gradually approach a full year since Darkstar released its sophomore LP, News From Nowhere, via Warp, a new video has appeared for one of its understated, pop-slanted tracks. The muted colors of the visual piece for Darkstar's "A Day's Pay for a Day's Work" single—directed by Lucy Luscombe—perfectly match the tone of the downtrodden music, as a group of South Londoners help the band through a series of trust-building exercises and activities. And the patient clip arrives today with news of an upcoming series of remix EPs for tracks from News From Nowhere, which will include productions by Zomby, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Darkstar itself, and more.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player