Lily Allen once again reminded the world that MySpace is a money-making machine: She posted a few tracks, put up a pastel background, donned a pair of big frame glasses, and like magic, the record labels began vying for her pop-meets-dub rich girl talents. She’s also had those nasty celebrity bashing moments caught by the media, but I digress. In spite of her likely fate in the bargain bin alongside countless Grime compilations, Ms.Read more »
XLR8R's latest Peepshow features photographer Mark Rubenstein's three-year long project Common Place, a three-part series that, in his words, "unfolds to tell the story of one's own personal evolution." The photos here capture the subjects' physical changes, introspection, and even a little surrealism.
See it now, only at Peepshow.
Read more »
The compilation African Underground: The Depths of Dakar furthers Brooklyn label Nomadic Wax’s mission statement of uncovering, recording, and distributing new talent from Africa, but to catalog the disc as a mere label sampler would be misleading.Read more »
"Common Place is a series I began working on almost three years ago. The project is a three-part series that unfolds to tell the story of one's own personal evolution: the coming of sentience (the quality or state of consciousness). These images are about the idea of an evolution of one’s self. As one grows older, many changes come about, whether they be physically or mentally. Through the process of self-introspection and the development of sentience this concept is truly visualized."
Read more »
Fans of 2006's YoYoYoYoYo can expect some of the usual hip-hop mashed up with Baltimore club and filthy lyrics on Fabriclive 33, but the boys collectively known as Spank Rock make it clear that they're more about enjoying the mix than repeating past glories on this latest release.Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player