Dâm-Funk and Snoop Dogg Ready Collaborative Album, Share Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Just last week, we shared a new collaboration between G-Funk mastermind Dâm-Funk and West Coast rap mega-star Snoop Dogg. Now, official word has come that Dâm-Funk and Snoop have in fact put together a full album's worth of new tracks under the name 7 Days of Funk, with the pair's self-titled debut together set to see a relase this December via Stones Throw. Although unexpected, the combination of Dâm-Funk and Snoop Dogg (apparently operating as "Snoopzilla" on this release) makes perfect sense, with both artists being able to trace their crafts back to classic funk and citing artits like Bootsy Collins, Zapp, Rick James, and others as major influences. As Snoop puts it in the press release, "We're the babies of the Mothership… I’ve had funk influences in my music my whole career. Dâm-Funk is cold. He’s keeping the funk alive and I knew I had to get down with him." Seven Days of Funk will see a release on December 10, but as of now, exact details like the LP's tracklist and artwork are yet to come. In the meantime, a video of the pair working together in Dâm-Funk's house can be watched below; the album's lead single "Faden Away" is out now, and can be streamed in full here.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player