Legowelt Announces New Album for Creme Organization
- Words: Leo Maymind
Dutch producer Legowelt (a.k.a Danny Wolfers) has managed to keep up a frenetic pace for the past decade, and he's not showing any signs of slowing down soon, as he's just shared news of his upcoming Crystal Cult 2080 LP. Said to have been recorded mostly in The Hague, the 10-track album will reportedly expand on Legowelt's palette of already synthesizer-heavy textures by utilizing a classic '90s digital synthesizer, the Roland JV-2080, as well as a homemade germanium crystal compressor—both of which infuse the record with an enveloping warmth that ties the tracks together. Crystal Cult 2080 is apparently "coming soon" via Dutch label Creme Organization, but will be preceded by a four-track "album sampler" EP on November 4; that record's artwork and tracklist can be found below.
1. Crystal Code 2080 (Extended 12" Dub)
2. Majestic Alchemy
4. Do What U Gotta Do
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player