Listen to Katy B's New George FitzGerald-Produced Single "I Like You"
Before UK songstress Katy B drops a new single via Rinse next week, the chart-ascending vocalist shares "I Like You," a dark club-pop hybrid produced by George FitzGerald. Built around one of the producer's trademark deep, clean basslines and flecked with techno-minded percussion, the song balances Katy B's pop aspirations with more underground sensibilities. The resulting concoction can be streamed using the player below, and a comprehensive discussion with George FitzGerald—as well as Duke Dumont, Bondax, and Hyperdub's Jessy Lanza—about the portential rewards and pitfalls of navigating chart sucess as a club-music producer can be read in today's Pop Goes the Dancefloor feature.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player