The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Kyle Hall, Four Tet, Knxwledge, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's XLR8R podcast was put together by jungle revivalist and pirate-radio enthusiast Special Request (a.k.a. UK techno veteran Paul Woolford).
2. XLR8R took at trip to the Netherlands for the annual Amsterdam Dance Event, and our review of the festival/conference detailed some of its most memorable moments.
3. We published an in-depth profile of hardworking LA beatmaker Knxwledge, who claims to have made "half a million" beats.
5. The final installment of our four-part Innovators mix series debuted this week, and it was put together by one of Detroit's brightest talents, Kyle Hall.
6. Fresh of the release of his debut album, Daniel Avery offered up a provocative new video for LP cut "All I Need."
7. Even though he just released a new LP, prolific UK producer Four Tet shared both a new remix of album track "Kool FM" and new song this week. The latter is called "Gillie Amma, I Love You," and it will appear on the forthcoming BOATS compilation.
8. We've been loving FACT's ongoing Against the Clock video series, and the latest episode featured the veteran musicmakers of Mouse on Mars hashing out a track in 10 minutes.
9. Machinedrum has been a busy man as of late, and his active streak continued this week with the debut of a brand-new mix for Resident Advisor.
10. Our Downloads section was as active as ever this week, and the most popular selection we shared came from Siberian-born, California-based producer Gladkill, who offered up the seductive "What Goes On" as a free giveaway.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
XLR8R Downloads Player