Max Cooper Shares New Track from Upcoming EP
As we first announced last week, prolific London producer Max Cooper has launched a new EP series which will see him collaborating with contemporary classical composer Tom Hodge. Entitled Fragmented Self Pt. 1, the first installment of the series is set to drop on October 28, but before then, Cooper has given us an exclusive stream of "Von Der Klippe Fallen," the forthcoming effort's closing cut. "This track is about having a walk on a nice sunny day in the countryside, all is well and good, until you accidentally fall off a cliff." That is the apt description Cooper himself sent over with "Von Der Klippe Fallen," a tune which starts innocently enough with a placid piano progression, but soon turns into a thumping affair in which screaming electronics and heavy rhythms completely take over. The tune can be heard in its entirety using the player below, before Cooper's and Hodge's full Fragmented Self Pt. 1 drops next week via the FIELDS label.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player