PAN to Release New LP from Dalglish
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Bill Kouligas' PAN label has announced a new album from Berlin artist Chris Douglas (known primarly for his work as O.S.T.), producer under his Dalglish alias. Entitled Niaiw Ot Vile, the 10-track LP is dedicated to Douglas' late friend and Isolate founder Wai Cheng. Having been involved in electronic music since his teens—working with Underground Resistance's Miles Banks and Drexicya's James Stinson—Douglas is in a prime position to release what should be a dissective and exploratory record. Described by the label as "complex and cavernous," the music is said to "[marry] the freedom and tonal breadth of electroacoustic composition with percussive patterns disjointed to the point of collapse." Niaiw Ot Vile is set for release on November 8, but before then, the artwork (done by Bill Kouligas and Kathryn Politis) and tracklist can be viewed below.
B3. Seit Nuin
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player