PAN to Release New LP from Dalglish
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Bill Kouligas' PAN label has announced a new album from Berlin artist Chris Douglas (known primarly for his work as O.S.T.), producer under his Dalglish alias. Entitled Niaiw Ot Vile, the 10-track LP is dedicated to Douglas' late friend and Isolate founder Wai Cheng. Having been involved in electronic music since his teens—working with Underground Resistance's Miles Banks and Drexicya's James Stinson—Douglas is in a prime position to release what should be a dissective and exploratory record. Described by the label as "complex and cavernous," the music is said to "[marry] the freedom and tonal breadth of electroacoustic composition with percussive patterns disjointed to the point of collapse." Niaiw Ot Vile is set for release on November 8, but before then, the artwork (done by Bill Kouligas and Kathryn Politis) and tracklist can be viewed below.
B3. Seit Nuin
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player