Stream Ghostly's Upcoming 'SMM' Compilation
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Ann Arbor's Ghostly label—an imprint we featured as part of last week's Labels We Love series—first announced the follow-up to its 2011 compilation, SMM: Context, back in August. Now, the atmospheric series' upcoming second edition, SMM: Opiate, is available to stream in full. Originally conceived by Ghostly label founder Sam Valenti IV as a way to highlight ambient music with warm, organic leanings, the new edition to the SMM collection attempts to deliver a cinematic, thoughtful narrative in its lean 45-minute run, while featuring contributions from artists who reside in Berlin, Tokyo, Brooklyn, and Norway. Streaming in full on Spin, each of the nine contributing artists on the compilation were asked to introduce and provide more context to their piece. The compilation's full stream can be heard here; SMM: Opiate will see an official release on October 28.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player