Stream Ghostly's Upcoming 'SMM' Compilation
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Ann Arbor's Ghostly label—an imprint we featured as part of last week's Labels We Love series—first announced the follow-up to its 2011 compilation, SMM: Context, back in August. Now, the atmospheric series' upcoming second edition, SMM: Opiate, is available to stream in full. Originally conceived by Ghostly label founder Sam Valenti IV as a way to highlight ambient music with warm, organic leanings, the new edition to the SMM collection attempts to deliver a cinematic, thoughtful narrative in its lean 45-minute run, while featuring contributions from artists who reside in Berlin, Tokyo, Brooklyn, and Norway. Streaming in full on Spin, each of the nine contributing artists on the compilation were asked to introduce and provide more context to their piece. The compilation's full stream can be heard here; SMM: Opiate will see an official release on October 28.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player