Stream Knxwledge's 'Kauliflowr' Album for All City
- Words: Patric Fallon
LA beatmaker Glen Boothe (a.k.a. Knxwledge, Knx.) practically doesn't stop working, but a sizable portion of his off-the-cuff remixes and quickly sketched productions don't actually land on wax; he has a Bandcamp discography to rival the output of most veteran artists. Despite all of that music constantly making its way into the digital sphere, a physical release from Boothe is still something of an event, as the producer makes sure to save his choicest beats for the full-length records. The 18-track Kauliflowr will mark the second LP to come from Knxwledge via Dublin's All City label when it drops on October 14, and we're lucky enough to have the exclusive stream of that album a week before its release. Chock full of warped samples and blunted beatwork, Boothe's latest full-length is yet another fine dispatch from a prolific artist who is constantly exploring the lineage of Southern California's instrumental hip-hop tradition, never forgetting to add his own idiosyncratic touches into the mix. Kauliflowr can be heard in its entirety via the player below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player