Stream Special Request's Debut LP for Houndstooth
- Words: Leo Maymind
The debut full-length from longstanding DJ/producer Paul Woolford's Special Request moniker has been a while in the making—which is no surprise considering the amount of actual music the double-disc offering contains. And though we already reviewed the XLR8R Pick'd Soul Music last week, it's only just now been made available to stream in full. As mentioned in our review, the 12-track, hour-long journey comes with an additional 11-track bonus disc which features an added 80 minutes of music—including remixes from Anthony Naples, Kassem Mosse, Anthony "Shake" Shakir, and Lee Gamble, as well as the inclusion of Woolford's remix of Lana Del Rey's "Ride." Soul Music is currently out as a triple-LP vinyl package via Houndstooth, while the CD and digital versions are set for release on October 21. Before then, Soul Music can be streamed in full here, courtesy of Pitchfork Advance.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player