Stream Special Request's Debut LP for Houndstooth
- Words: Leo Maymind
The debut full-length from longstanding DJ/producer Paul Woolford's Special Request moniker has been a while in the making—which is no surprise considering the amount of actual music the double-disc offering contains. And though we already reviewed the XLR8R Pick'd Soul Music last week, it's only just now been made available to stream in full. As mentioned in our review, the 12-track, hour-long journey comes with an additional 11-track bonus disc which features an added 80 minutes of music—including remixes from Anthony Naples, Kassem Mosse, Anthony "Shake" Shakir, and Lee Gamble, as well as the inclusion of Woolford's remix of Lana Del Rey's "Ride." Soul Music is currently out as a triple-LP vinyl package via Houndstooth, while the CD and digital versions are set for release on October 21. Before then, Soul Music can be streamed in full here, courtesy of Pitchfork Advance.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player