Stream Special Request's Debut LP for Houndstooth
- Words: Leo Maymind
The debut full-length from longstanding DJ/producer Paul Woolford's Special Request moniker has been a while in the making—which is no surprise considering the amount of actual music the double-disc offering contains. And though we already reviewed the XLR8R Pick'd Soul Music last week, it's only just now been made available to stream in full. As mentioned in our review, the 12-track, hour-long journey comes with an additional 11-track bonus disc which features an added 80 minutes of music—including remixes from Anthony Naples, Kassem Mosse, Anthony "Shake" Shakir, and Lee Gamble, as well as the inclusion of Woolford's remix of Lana Del Rey's "Ride." Soul Music is currently out as a triple-LP vinyl package via Houndstooth, while the CD and digital versions are set for release on October 21. Before then, Soul Music can be streamed in full here, courtesy of Pitchfork Advance.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player