Theo Parrish Remixes Mala on New 12"; Hear It Now
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Brownswood is set to release a 12" for "Como Como"—a cut lifted from Mala's 2012 record Mala in Cuba—as a limited-edition 10", pairing it with an incredibly astral remix by iconic Detroit house artist Theo Parrish (pictured above).As one half of Digital Mystikz, Mala has essentially helped forge the landscape of dubstep, and the excellent Mala in Cuba saw the bass-inclined producer shifting gears and exploring the use of live musicians in its titular location. Parrish's remix of "Como Como" expands on that, featuring ethereal and haunting loops of vocal and instrumental fragments. He essentially twists his production into a ghost of Cuban music, rather than the sort of celebration that Mala had initially created. "Como Como (Theo Parrish Remix)" can be heard below, and the 10" will be available for purchase on October 21.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player