Vatican Shadow Shares New Remix of The Field
- Words: Leo Maymind
As we discovered in our recent catch-up feature, Axel Willner's latest full-length as The Field (pictured above), the intrepid Cupid's Head, was borne from a slew of personal frustrations and the exhaustion that comes from international touring. So it's somewhat fitting that this remix of the title track from Vatican Shadow (a.ka. Dominick Fernow, Prurient) seems to play in the dark corners of the track. Fernow does away with the original version's vocal-led intro, and instead forges a newfound low-end chug to simultaneously shroud the once pellucid production in a thick, low-hanging cloud of grey smog and obscure Willner's quick-running arpeggios. "Cupid's Head (Vatican Shadow Remix)" can be streamed in full below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player