Video: Gardland "Nothing But Not Zero"
- Words: Leo Maymind
No-frills Australian techno duo Gardland has shown a proficiency with making the most out of a limited palette, and that same ethos is prevalent on the recenty released visual piece for "Nothing But Not Zero," a track from the pair's impending debut album Syndrome Syndrome (out tomorrow via RVNG). The tune finds Gardland balancing a stilted arpeggio and lonely, hollow-sounding synth melody over a straight ahead techno beat that subtly morphs as the track progresses. The accompanying visual is equally sparse, and uses extreme, wobbly close-ups of various landscapes—some recognizable, some foreign—to disorient the listener and heighten expectations for a sudden change that never comes.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player