Video: Gardland "Nothing But Not Zero"
- Words: Leo Maymind
No-frills Australian techno duo Gardland has shown a proficiency with making the most out of a limited palette, and that same ethos is prevalent on the recenty released visual piece for "Nothing But Not Zero," a track from the pair's impending debut album Syndrome Syndrome (out tomorrow via RVNG). The tune finds Gardland balancing a stilted arpeggio and lonely, hollow-sounding synth melody over a straight ahead techno beat that subtly morphs as the track progresses. The accompanying visual is equally sparse, and uses extreme, wobbly close-ups of various landscapes—some recognizable, some foreign—to disorient the listener and heighten expectations for a sudden change that never comes.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player