Video Premiere: Kyson "Missing Things"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Back in July, we heard Berlin-based singer/producer Kyson's sweetly enveloping "Missing Things" from his just-released The Water's Way album, and the track has now been treated to an entrancing, cinematic video that only deepens the sense of longing buried deep within. Following an unknown couple out into a dewy field, director Michael Williamson paints, quite literally, a forlorn look at the push and pull of human relationships, as the two alternate between lovingly and maliciously throwing an array of colors at each other. The visuals never explicitly state what—if anything—transpired between the couple, but as the last chords of Kyson's song dissipate, we're left with the sense of losing a memory that faded away too quickly.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player