Watch Dubspot's Interview with Distal
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Distal—an Atlanta-based artist with an extensive catalog of genre-blurring records for labels like Tectonic, Grizzly, and his own Embassy imprint—recently sat down with NYC production school Dubspot for an illuminating video interview. The 10-minute clip finds Distal discussing his frustrations with genre divisions and the philosophy behind his growing label, while also doling out some advice to up-and-coming producers. In addition, the SouthEastern talent shares some brief thoughts on the explosion of trap and why he laments electronic music when it lacks a "human" element. The full interview can be watched below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player