Watch a New Video from Moderat
- Words: James Eaton
German trio Moderat has teamed up UNICEF to release a music video in support of the #ENDViolence Initiative, a moving short film set to the band's "Gita" single from its brand-new II LP. Split between live-action footage and simple animations, the piece—directed by award-winning Paraguayan filmmakers Juan Carlos Maneglia and Tana Schembori—tells the story of a young boy who experiences domestic violence firsthand, and speaks out about the abuse to help his family survive. Moderat said this about its involvement with UNICEF: "When UNICEF asked us if they could use 'Gita' for a video for their campaign against domestic violence, we agreed immediately. Working together with UNICEF means being part of something for the greater good. We are very happy to be involved and hope that we can help to make a change." The video for "Gita" can be seen below; the single itself is out now in digital formats, and will be available as a 10" on October 25 via Monkeytown.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player