The Analogue Cops Readies New EP for Hypercolour; Preview It Now
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Italian-born, Berlin-based duo The Analogue Cops (a.k.a. Lucretio and Marieu) has just announced it will soon release a four-track record via the quality Hypercolour label. The In Plain Clothes EP is described as being "raw, distorted, and heavy" as it sees the two producers—with DJ Octopus appearing with Lucretio on closing track "Murales"—diving even further into the brutal techno sounds heard on prior releases like their rollicking Heavy Hands LP and the Five EP's scrappy, collaborative cuts. The Analogue Cops' next record will drop on December 16, but before then, its artwork and tracklist can be perused below. Previews of each tune can be heard here.
A1. Lucretio - If We Change
A2. Lucretio - The Way We Do
B1. Marieu - Swamp Fever
B2. Lucretio Ft. DJ Octopus - Murales
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player