Azari & III Calls It Quits
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Toronto outfit Azari & III has announced the end of the pair working together, saying via Facebook, "The art project known as Azari & III has done its work, run its course, and is, for all intents and purposes, a momentary blip in time, now forever imprinted on the Universe." Posted on the Facebook page of Alphonse Lanza (a.k.a. Alixander III), the announcement points to the duo's recent Lost Express EP for Get Physical as "an extinguishing of the flame and a bird into the fire of blissful, eternal oblivion." One hopes that the individual producers of the outfit—Lanza and Christian Farley (a.k.a. Dinamo Azari)—will continue to pursue new creative outlets in the months to come, but for now, feel free to wax nostalgic with Azari & III's 2012 XLR8R podcast, and remember the house-revivalist duo that was. Those interested in seeing Lanza's full Facebook post on the split can do so here.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player