Azari & III Calls It Quits
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Toronto outfit Azari & III has announced the end of the pair working together, saying via Facebook, "The art project known as Azari & III has done its work, run its course, and is, for all intents and purposes, a momentary blip in time, now forever imprinted on the Universe." Posted on the Facebook page of Alphonse Lanza (a.k.a. Alixander III), the announcement points to the duo's recent Lost Express EP for Get Physical as "an extinguishing of the flame and a bird into the fire of blissful, eternal oblivion." One hopes that the individual producers of the outfit—Lanza and Christian Farley (a.k.a. Dinamo Azari)—will continue to pursue new creative outlets in the months to come, but for now, feel free to wax nostalgic with Azari & III's 2012 XLR8R podcast, and remember the house-revivalist duo that was. Those interested in seeing Lanza's full Facebook post on the split can do so here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player