The Black Dog and Happa to Issue Final 'Green Series' 12"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
- Photo: Shaun Bloodworth
After 12 months, the collaboration between online music retailer Bleep, photographer Shaun Bloodworth, and design collective GiveUpArt, the Green Series, will come to an end with a release from veteran trio The Black Dog and young up-and-comer Happa (pictured above). Having been in production since fall of 2012, the series has previously featured the likes of Karenn (a.k.a. Blawan and Pariah), Objekt, Marcel Dettmann, and Redshape, among others. This final 12" shifts away from the Berlin-oriented sound of its previous installments, and dives head first into gritty, bass-focused UK music. The Black Dog's a-side cut, "Scan 9 From SoYo™," is ominous techno unfolding over a muted drum pattern; on the flip, Happa's "Red Place" operates in a slightly more disturbing fashion, with a thrashing bassline described as a "ferocious exercise in dark and tough techno." The limited 12" is set to drop on November 18, but until then, both tracks can be previewed via the player below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player