The Black Dog and Happa to Issue Final 'Green Series' 12"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
- Photo: Shaun Bloodworth
After 12 months, the collaboration between online music retailer Bleep, photographer Shaun Bloodworth, and design collective GiveUpArt, the Green Series, will come to an end with a release from veteran trio The Black Dog and young up-and-comer Happa (pictured above). Having been in production since fall of 2012, the series has previously featured the likes of Karenn (a.k.a. Blawan and Pariah), Objekt, Marcel Dettmann, and Redshape, among others. This final 12" shifts away from the Berlin-oriented sound of its previous installments, and dives head first into gritty, bass-focused UK music. The Black Dog's a-side cut, "Scan 9 From SoYo™," is ominous techno unfolding over a muted drum pattern; on the flip, Happa's "Red Place" operates in a slightly more disturbing fashion, with a thrashing bassline described as a "ferocious exercise in dark and tough techno." The limited 12" is set to drop on November 18, but until then, both tracks can be previewed via the player below.
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player