Bok Bok and Tom Trago Announce New Collaborative 12"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Night Slugs co-founder Bok Bok (pictured above) and Voyage Direct label head Tom Trago first crossed paths a few years ago at the behest of Sound Pellegrino boss Teki Latex, aiming to discover "invisible bridges between surprisingly interlocking islands of the great house music archipelago." That meeting led to the Night Voyage 12", and now, the two producers have announced they will follow up that release with a new collaborative 12", entitled Get Me What You Want. The the two new tracks are described as "next level DJ tools," an unsurprising description considering both producers have their feet firmly planted in the club. The title track is said to be a cross between "Jersey Club and Herbie Hancock," and is contrasted by b-side "Hole Driller 3," a darker take that has more in common with the Night Slugs sound. Get Me What You Want's artwork and tracklist can be seen ahead of its November 30 release via Night Voyage, below. (via Juno Plus)
1. Get Me What You Want
2. Hole Driller 3
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player