John Talabot, James Holden, Daphni, Dâm-Funk, and More to Remix William Onyeabor
Earlier this year, the Luaka Bop label put together a collection of recovered recordings from elusive African musician William Onyeabor (pictured above). The aptly titled Who is William Onyeabor? album gathered many of the Nigerian artist's psychedelic, funk-filled electronic experiments of the late '70s and early '80s, and now, Luka Bop has teamed up with Moog (a favorite synth of Onyeabor's) to release a series of remixes from an all-star cast of contributors, the first of which comes from French producer Joakim and can be downloaded for free now. Seeing as how they've deemed it an ongoing "remix project," Luaka Bop and Moog appear to have plans to continue releasing more remixes down the line (possibly also for free download), with reworks of Onyeabor set to come from John Talabot, James Holden, Daphni, Optimo, Dâm-Funk, Secret Circuit, Javelin, and others. In the meantime, Joakim's remix of "Good Name" can be downloaded via the player below, where one will also find the remix project's somewhat bizarre, Full House-referencing promo video as well.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player