Metro Area's Darshan Jesrani to Inaugurate New Label with 12"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Longtime New York house producer and half of veteran duo Metro Area, Darshan Jesrani has announced that he'll soon launch his own label with a brand-new 12". Jesrani's Startree label appears to be intended primarily for releasing his own music, though an occasional record from outside sources hasn't been excluded. The first release will be a two-track 12" under the label head's Fuun City moniker, featuring a "Disco" and a "Dub" mix of the "All-Night People" single. Said to be musically situated in "that liminal area of late-'70s dance music which existed between shitty, bluesy rock, new wave, and disco," Jesrani's inaugural record for Startree will drop on December 2.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player