Opal Tapes Launches New Vinyl-Dedicated Offshoot
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Eclectic UK label Opal Tapes has announced the launching of Black Opal, a new offshoot of the imprint dedicated to vinyl releases, with its inaugural record set to land next month. Although Opal Tapes head Steven Bishop (a.k.a. Basic House) recently told Juno Plus that the label will focus on new material, its first release will actually revisit Opal Tapes' summer release from Patricia, whose engrossing, textural Body Issues tape quickly sold out. Like all forthcoming releases on Black Opal, the Brooklyn-based producer's record will come with complete packaging designed in collaboration with UK artist Savage Wolf. Patricia's Body Issues LP will debut the label early next month, with future releases from HOLOVR, Yves De May, and Lumigraph set to appear in 2014. In the meantime, the digital version of Patricia's tape can be streamed in full below. (via Resident Advisor)
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player