PAN Preps New Albums from NHK'Koyxen and Jar Moff
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The dizzyingly active PAN label has announced plans to close out its prolific 2013 run with two new LPs, one from Japanese experimenter NHK'Koyxen (pictured above) and Athenian sound collagist Jar Moff. Both landing on December 15, NHK'Koyxen will deliver the third and final installment in his ongoing Dance Classics series, while Moff's Financial Glam LP will serve as a follow up to his Commercial Mouth album that was released via PAN earlier in the year. Based on their descriptions, these two records could not be more different, as NHK'Koyxen's Dance Classics Vol. III is said to "[focus] more on bass/base electronics, music for the dancefloor and/or altered state reflection." On the other hand, Moff's sophomore record is intended as a reflection on the current flux and tension present in the artist's home city of Athens, using "intricately composed collage works, constructed from hundreds of archived samples" to explore this theme across two elongated compositions. Before both records close out PAN's year halfway through next month, their respective artwork and tracklists are included below.
Dance Classics Vol. III
A1 Financial Glam
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player