Simian Mobile Disco and Cosmin TRG to Release Collaborative 12"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Following its "Sacrifice" collaboration with UK house outfit Bicep and last month's Tong Zi Dan EP, London duo Simian Mobile Disco (pictured above) is back with the latest entry for its Delicacies label. This time, the producers have teamed up with Romanian tunesmith Cosmin TRG for a two-track record. Named after a fermented herring dish from Sweden, "Surströmming" is known to be the most rancid smelling food in the world, with the track's buckling synthlines attempting to represent that foul odor. "Sannakji"—a Korean dish of recently severed, still-moving octopus tentacles, seasoned with sesame seeds and oil—presents a risky challenge for the connoisseur, as Cosmin TRG and Simian Mobile Disco aim to musically sensualize the experience of tentacles fighting to escape your mouth as you chew them. The next Delicacies 12" will see an official release on December 9.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player