Stream the New Two-Disc Compilation from L.I.E.S.
- Words: Leo Maymind
As we mentioned last month, Ron Morelli's prolific L.I.E.S. label is set to drop its second two-disc compilation, entitled Music for Shut-Ins, which has now been made available to stream in full. Morelli, whose first venture into compiling tracks from the deep L.I.E.S. catalog was the XLR8R Pick'd American Noise, has described the 21-track offering as "club music for people who hate going to the club." Spread across two discs and featuring tracks from the likes of Legowelt, Marcos Cabral, Vereker, Beautiful Swimmers, Svengalisghost, Greg Beato, and Beau Wanzer, amongst others, the first disc looks back on 2013, while the second disc leans a little further left, and is said to include "a collection of hits, misses, new loves, and future head scratchers running the gamut from floor-ready beat tracks to post chillout room bleep-hop to industro-wave anti-beat experimentation, with no restrictions or limitations." The entirety of Music For Shut-Ins can now be heard in its entirety here, courtesy of NPR.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player