Stream the New Two-Disc Compilation from L.I.E.S.
- Words: Leo Maymind
As we mentioned last month, Ron Morelli's prolific L.I.E.S. label is set to drop its second two-disc compilation, entitled Music for Shut-Ins, which has now been made available to stream in full. Morelli, whose first venture into compiling tracks from the deep L.I.E.S. catalog was the XLR8R Pick'd American Noise, has described the 21-track offering as "club music for people who hate going to the club." Spread across two discs and featuring tracks from the likes of Legowelt, Marcos Cabral, Vereker, Beautiful Swimmers, Svengalisghost, Greg Beato, and Beau Wanzer, amongst others, the first disc looks back on 2013, while the second disc leans a little further left, and is said to include "a collection of hits, misses, new loves, and future head scratchers running the gamut from floor-ready beat tracks to post chillout room bleep-hop to industro-wave anti-beat experimentation, with no restrictions or limitations." The entirety of Music For Shut-Ins can now be heard in its entirety here, courtesy of NPR.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player