Trouw Announces Final Year, Details New Policies
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: de fotomeisjes
In the last few years, XLR8R has again and again sung the praises of Trouw, an Amsterdam club situated in an old newspaper factory which has become one of our favorite spots on the planet. Planned since its inception as a temporary endeavor, Trouw will enter its final year beginning in January, and has laid out a few new ground rules to ensure that its last 12 months will be memorable ones.
A post on Trouw's blog announced two big changes to how the club works: First of all, there will be no more pre-sale tickets for regular club nights (although the club does say it will "be making exceptions for concerts and special club nights"). This will be done in an attempt to help preserve "the excitement surrounding the nights," as the club believes that "the spontaneity and the freedom [of these events] are being jeopardized" by shows that completely sell out well before they actually take place. Furthermore, Trouw will instate a "no cameras" policy beginning January 1 of next year. "We hope that when the cameras are gone, a feeling will emerge whereby everyone can do, act, and wear whatever he/she pleases," states the post before adding, "What happens in Trouw, stays in Trouw."
Trouw's full post about these new policies and the hopes for its final year can be read in full here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player