Video: Blondes "Andrew"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
After casually dropping its sophomore LP, Swisher, via RVNG this summer, Brooklyn house duo Blondes (a.k.a. Sam Haar and Zach Steinman) has shared a new, self-produced video for the album's second single, "Andrew." Shimmering and pulsing to the outfit's brand of hypnotic, sleek dancefloor music, the visuals feature metallic 3D renderings that parallel the cut's celestial synthlines and muffled, underwater percussion. Refractions of colored light create intricate patterns on what appears to be a face, which eludes definition by constantly shapeshifting and bending from various angles.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player