Video Premiere: Quenum "Face to Face (Cassy Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
African-born, veteran producer Philippe Quenum (a.k.a. Quenum) moved to London in the '80s, learned to DJ and produce, and evenutally founded the successful Cadenza label with Swiss-Chilean artist Luciano. Coinciding with Quenum's recently released Face to Face EP (not to mention an album by the same title which is out next week via Serialism), the producer has shared a (literally) bouncy video for London DJ Cassy's remix of the title track. Directed by Fernanda Mattos and Federica Marchese (a.k.a. False Manners Productions), the brightly saturated visuals show a woman jumping down the street on a fitness ball, gradually inspiring onlookers to join her in an exercise conga line around the city that leads to a Quenum-hosted dance party. Cassy's remix, similar to her XLR8R Pick'd Fabric 71 mix album from this year, is high on energy and pure pleasure, delivering buoyant, immense house rhythms and an indelible vocal sample.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player